[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #3190: CUPS 1.3.10 Strange web interface title...

Esen Kusluoglu esenkweb at gmail.com
Wed May 13 20:15:46 PDT 2009

I am a Gentoo user, my CUPS installation is completely broken.

I erased all CUPS related folders  and unmerged gutenprint footmatic etc..
then re-emerged a fresh CUPS, but nothing changed.

First of all, a strange behaviour occurs on the web interface. The home
page displays correctly. However, the administration page's title is shown
as {title} so as the rest... (I'll attach screenshots.)

Any setting changed in the administration page's "Server" section is
absolutely not saved when "Change Settings" button is pressed.

When I try to add any kind of printer, over network or a local one, the
setup procedure enters in a infinite loop. It asks me again and again to
enter the printer's URI even if I had entered it corectly.

The automatic printer discovery seems to work, it correctly lists the
attached printers (Network or local); but again the above mentioned
infinite loop problem occurs and eventually it is not possible to add a
printer.

Seemingly no body has such a problem.. Perhaps I have a dependency problem
or the like.. I don't know what dependency failure or version mismatch
could possibly cause this beviour.. Any Ideas?