[cups.development] [RFE] STR #3202: Printing Speed

steve smith steve at gdesigns.co.uk
Mon May 18 08:48:57 PDT 2009

We have implemented CUPS 1.3.7 for our network printing enviroment.  Our
application software generates large print files for wide format Designjet
printers but we have a problem. When we print through CUPS the print speed
on the Designjets is slow, The printhead does a pass but then seems to be
waiting for more data before the next pass.  If we print directly to the
printer via TCP/IP the print speed is fine.  Is there anything we can do
to increase the speed as it not a memory issue in the printer.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3202
Version:  -feature