[cups.development] How to implement bash or another scripts before printing.

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Fri May 29 02:05:07 PDT 2009

Hello,

cups.development is the wrong forum to ask such questions
(you do not want to do development for CUPS itself).
Use cups.general for general questions.

On May 28 06:53 filimon wrote (shortened):
> I have gentoo-linux with cups-1.3.10. The laser printer is connected to usb.
> I need to add few action steps after pressing "print" button and befor printing.

To add whatever action steps when the print job which was made
and submited by whatever application to the printing system,
is actually processed by the printing system, see
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Using_Your_Own_Filters_to_Print_with_CUPS

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex