Cannot access web interface or print

Dinero Francis spinstartshere at googlemail.com
Sat May 30 10:52:48 PDT 2009

Before I start, I'd like to point out that I don't really know what I'm doing here so please go easy on me and be tolerant of my shortcomings.

I cannot access the web interface; I type in the address and get to the first page but if I try to click on anything else the page simply keeps loading with the text "Waiting for localhost..." until it gives up and displays a blank page.  I was able to access the web interface before and I do not know what happened that caused this to change.

I have a Brother DCP-110C printer which used to work.  I used the drivers from the Brother website initially, but then switched to the ones provided by my Linux distribution after I discovered them.  When trying to print, either using my printer or the CUPS PDF one, I get the error message "/usr/lib/cups/filter/cpdftocps failed".  Again, I do not know what might have happened for this to suddenly fail.

I'm guessing the two problems are related as I noticed them both at around the same time.  I use Ubuntu 9.04 with all updates applied and CUPS 1.3.9.