[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #3408: Please consider changing the naming scheme of PO files

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 4 06:16:04 PST 2009

(Forwarded from the downstream bug at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/cups/+bug/431222)

The files in source/locale/ have a non-standard filename scheme, so they
don't get imported into Ubuntu's translation system automatically.

The current naming scheme is cups_$LOCALE.po. We'd like to ask you to
consider using simply $LOCALE.po, as the majority of OSS projects do.

We've also detected some inconsistencies in a few locales. The following
language codes would need to be corrected:

 * cups_no.po -> This should be renamed to nb.po, since it is Norwegian
Bokmal and the language code is 'nb'.

 * cups_zh.po -> This should be renamed to zh_CN.po, since it is
Simplified Chinese and the locale for that is 'zh_CN'.

Thanks.