Printing big pictures

Sasha sasha at mishchenko.tk
Mon Nov 16 03:57:22 PST 2009

I use Kubuntu 9.10 with CUPS 1.4.1 and printer Samsung ML-3051N with drivers from Samsung's site. Printer was set as 300dpi resolution and print jobs by network(socket://192.168.1.168:9010).
When I'm printing picture(near 3300x2200 dots) on page A4 from GIMP or Gwenviev, this page set in print queue, printer's display show "printing..." but as result I've nothing.
Job in CUPS is ending, but page not printed.
When I resize this picture for smaller size then all print jobs are OK.

And I see, if I'm setting option "color printing" in Gwenview 2.3.2(may be in another programs too, if it is possible) then I have this result too, or sometimes get broken pages with letters and symbols. May be this problem is Gvenview's problem but I wonder with this. I mean CUPS system know about colors of printer and can print jobs carefull.

Sasha.
Sorry for my poor English...