Read Failed at cupsBackChannelRead

Zebra kavinsivakumar at yahoo.co.in
Tue Nov 17 04:48:28 PST 2009

Hi,

    i changed the program still i having same problem and also i have some questions pls clarify my doubts please sir,

    Question Number 1) the command "/033V/r" Returns the Firmware Version of the Printer i send this code by following way from "filter/rastertolabel.c"

fputs("\033V\r",stdout);
fflush(stdout);
cupsSideChannelDoRequest(CUPS_SC_CMD_DRAIN_OUTPUT, buff, &bufflen,10.0);
bufflen =(int)cupsBackChannelRead(buff, sizeof(buff), 10.0);

In this way the "buff" contains nothing and also "bufflen" is -1.

     Question Number 2) I am sending command to printer from filter for that the printer gives response where i can receive that response.

     Question Number 3) cupsSideChannelRead(-------),cupsBackChannelWrite(----) always return -1.

Thanking you Sir