[cups.development] [RFE] STR #3424: PostScript test page does the wrong thing for CMYK printers

Ulrich.Windl.rz.uni-regensburg Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Nov 24 04:50:19 PST 2009

When printed on a PostScript Level 3 printer, the "color test circle" of
"procset testprint 1.3 0" looks poor. For example the red looks very
un-uniform. Inspecting the PostScript source I found that you are using
"setrgbcolor". These printers use CMYK instead of RGB, however. With
setrgbcolor you can never print pure yellow on a CMYK printer for example.
Therefore I suggest to use "setcmykcolor" instead.
(You can test the existence of the operator prior to using it)

Another enhancement for the test page would be to print three types of
black on color printers:
1) pure "K" black
2) CMY black
3) CMY+K black

If needed, I could provide a PDF sample which does that.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3424
Version:  -feature