/usr/lib/cups/filter/cpdftocps failed

Peter Denholm Crone island.taggart at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 14:37:58 PST 2009

I am running linux mint (Felicia) and a Canon LBP3100 printer; both running well; I now find I cannot print: the above message: I believe it occurred after I downloaded acroread and installed it:

the version of cups I have loaded is 1.3.9-2ubuntu9.3 from looking in Synaptic;

a poster on the mint forum says that 1.3.9-10 is the latest mint version;

I see on your website that 1.3.11 is the latest;

I come seeking advice and guidance; should I install a newer version of cups, and if so: what: I have google searched on the above error: related to printing pdf and postscript; I suspect I need a new cpdftocps file but from where?