[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #3370: USB Multifunction (Printer/Scanner) not recognized if usblp is active

mat hickop at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 09:41:57 PDT 2009

I have a Samsung SCX-4200 which can print and scan.
With cups 1.4.1, if usblp module is active and if /dev/bus/usb/* (where *
is the SCX-4200) is not assigned to lp group, then the printer wont be
recognized by cups.

Problem is that udev will set my multifunction to scanner group on system
start and also that xsane needs usblp module to recognize the scanner.

This same setup worked fine with cups 1.3.
My system is Arch Linux 64.