[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #3377: lprm and the web interface don't cancel jobs

Heiko Baums heiko at baums-on-web.de
Thu Oct 15 13:21:03 PDT 2009

If I print one or more documents it's not possible to cancel the jobs.

If I enter lprm <job ID>, I'm getting the message "lprm: The printer or
class was not found."

If I go to the jobs in the web interface and click on the button "Cancel
jobs", I'm asked for authentication (I'm using BasicDigest) and if I enter
the cups username and password stored in passwd.md5, I get the message
"Error: Forbidden".

Either there is a major bug in cups or the default settings of cupsd.conf
are really bad. At least the cups admin and the owner of a job must be
able to cancel a job out of the box.