[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3379: SetEnv GS_LIB does not work because CUPS sets this variable on its own

Alexander Leidinger Alexander+cupsPR at Leidinger.net
Mon Oct 19 06:01:05 PDT 2009

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

It does not look like it is a problem in pstoraster. My pstoraster has
this:
# Set the library/font path...
GS_LIB="/usr/local/share/ghostscript/fonts:${CUPS_FONTPATH:=/usr/local/share/cups/fonts}"
export GS_LIB

According to this GS_LIB should be set to
/usr/local/share/ghostscript/fonts:usr/local/share/cups/fonts, but in the
call to gsc it is set as "GS_LIB=/usr/local/share/cups/fonts
", additionally I see "CUPS_FONTPATH=/usr/local/share/cups/fonts". This
means it is not in pstoraster.

Additionally I set CUPS_FONTPATH in cupsd.conf to something else now that
I've seen the code in pstoraster, but I do not see this change when gsc is
called (yes, cupsd is restarted). So even if some kind of problem regarding
GS_LIB is within ghostscript, I would expect that cups passes my
CUPS_FONTPATH so that I can have my own fonts...

The only places where I see GS_LIB modified in cups/filter/* is
pstoraster, pstopxl and foomatic-rip (4.0.1). All those are OK regarding
honoring CUPS_FONTPATH (for foomatic-rip it is in spooler.c and it is
concatenating CUPS_FONTPATH with GS_LIB).

Fix Version: Third-party