[cups.bugs] HP laserjet p1006 on freebsd

Chihau Chau chihau at betazeta.com
Mon Sep 21 16:29:31 PDT 2009

Hi everybody,

Before a few days ago, My HP laserjet p1006 was working without problems
with Foomatic/foo2xqx driver on the usb:/dev/ulpt0 port under cupsd on
Freebsd 7.2, but now I can't print, I don't know what's happening.

My /var/log/messages:

Sep 21 19:17:14 limbo root: Unknown USB device: vendor 0x03f0 product 0x3e17
bus uhub3
Sep 21 19:17:20 limbo kernel: ulpt0: <Hewlett-Packard HP LaserJet P1006,
class 0/0, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2> on uhub3
Sep 21 19:17:20 limbo kernel: ulpt0: using bi-directional mode
---

When I send a documento to print, a red light of the printer is flashing.

I have tested the printer in windows and ubuntu without problems.

Searching in google I have finded this
http://www.webmiscreants.com/index.php?page=howto_P1006

This URL say that the printer only work in ugen device mode and not with
ulpt mode, but Why I was printing without problems with ulpt before?

Thanks

--
Chihau Chau
Betazeta Networks