PPD and .drv file

newdev mobiledev10 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 12:59:53 PDT 2010

Hi,

I've a basic question.
While reading the documentation about postscript printing using cups, it says that we need to generate ppd files from .drv files.There are some sample .drv files available and ppd can be generated from them using ppdc.How can I understand the commands in .drv files.Is there any documentation for that?

In addition to this, I want to alert the user if he gives wrong paper size while selecting custom page size from openoffice or a pdf document.Can this be done through PPD?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks