[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3568: Color registration problem with CUPS driver for HP1518ni color lazer printer

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Mon Apr 26 09:42:27 PDT 2010

Michael Sweet wrote:

> DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.  INSTEAD, POST ANY RESPONSES TO THE LINK
> BELOW.
>
> [STR Closed w/o Resolution]
>
> We do not support or develop the software/driver you are using.  Please
> contact the developer for assistance.
>
> Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3568
> Version: 1.4.2
> Fix Version: Third-party

As for this printer's PPD, it requires ICC profiles for the supported color
spaces to be applied (main keyword *cupsICCProfile: ..." in the PPD).
Currently, these keywords are supported only on Mac OS X.

For Linux, you could set up a special filter (main keywprd *cupsFilter:)
that converts the listed ICC proviles to a PostScript CRD (e.g. using
littlecms for the conversion) and integrating it into the PostScript job (of
type application/vmd.cups-postscript).

For further details (possibly hacking a prototype) you may contact me
directly.

Helge