[cups.development] [RFE] STR #3744: Allow the built in delays to be configurable (backend/socket)

Barry Lee barry.lee at toolstation.com
Tue Dec 7 12:40:35 PST 2010

As mentioned in (now closed) bug report http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3741,
I request that the Sleep(5) calls be 'configurable', as the delay in
printing to a class where some of the member printers have been
disconnected is about 12ish seconds. I have removed the Sleep(5) call in
backend/socket.c and this obviously knocks 5 seconds off the print time,
so I know it's possible. How about adding it as a line in something like
socket.conf. I'm aware that socket connections are not the only way to
connect also.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3744
Version:  -feature