[cups.development] [RFE] STR #3762: lease-duration not honnored for BrowsePoll configured clients

Jason Czerak jason at czerak.com
Mon Dec 27 06:38:59 PST 2010

cups-polld.c:

 snprintf(packet, sizeof(packet),
               "%x %x %s \"%s\" \"%s\" \"%s\" lease-duration=%d%s\n",
               type, state, uri, location, info, make_model, interval * 2,
               job_sheets);

hard coding "interval * 2" doesn't allow for "BrowseTimeout" to function
properly in polling mode. It's unacceptable that the queue's
lease-duration is dependent on the interval. We should be able to separate
the two to allow for network or server outages with out disrupting the
application

The Attached patches bring BrowseTimeout support for cups-polld.c.

Long run I think we should configure these lease-durations via the master
queue configurations on the server side. There doesn't appear to be any
method to move a lease attribute over the "get" command.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3762
Version:  -feature