Filter - backend communication example?

Paul Newall p.newalls at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 2 23:22:17 PST 2010

> I am working on a filter for the Kodak EPS 5250.
> I can make the correct data, but printing is unreliable. I suspect that I need to add some bidirectional comms between filter and printer because the windows driver sends  a command several times to the printer before sending the data as if it is waiting for a particular response.
>
> Can anyone point me at an existing filter that uses cupsBackChannelRead() so I can look at the source code?

3rd Feb
I am using the socket backend. I think I need some way to force the backend to send a packet containing a command to the printer before it sends the print data.
At the moment the command is not sent until a large quantity of print data is ready to send. Then a large packet gets sent.
Is there a mechanism for telling the backend to send a packet now?