Snow Leopard printingerror:/usr/libexec/cups/backend/lpd failed

akbar akbarbasha at tataelxsi.co.in
Sun Feb 14 23:06:09 PST 2010

> Dell printers also support port 9100 - try using "AppSocket" instead of =
> "LPD".
>
> On Feb 14, 2010, at 9:50 PM, akbar wrote:

Thanks for your quick response.

Based on your reply I had configured Queue name using "AppSocket ".Now i am able to print from Snow Leopard .

But My requirement is to hold the job in the print queue and I have to authorize the job to print.

but with this AppSocket approach I am not able to hold job.

Scenario is this

If I have given print from text edit I am able to see the job in  print Queue and immediately I clicked on hold Icon of print Queue, status changed to hold but job went to printer ( job is printed).

What might be the problem .Can I control the job using AppSocket approach?

thanks
Akbar