Snow Leopardprintingerror:/usr/libexec/cups/backend/lpd failed

akbar akbarbasha at tataelxsi.co.in
Mon Feb 15 21:06:54 PST 2010

Thanks for your solution, but when I tried this by running the below commands
sh-3.2# lpstat -p
printer _10_50_26_41 is idle.  enabled since Mon Feb 15 20:57:05 2010
	Ready to print.
printer GBCBlue disabled since Mon Feb 15 20:41:28 2010 -
	reason unknown
sh-3.2# lpadmin -p _10_50_26_41 -o job-hold-until-default=3Dindefinite

I tried to print and it is not holding the print job but instead printing by default.

But the same solution, I tried lot of times from Leopard and it is always working.

But the only difference between my Leopard and Snow-Leopard implementation is that i am using lpd to configure my print queue on leopard and in case of snow leopard i am using app socket (as suggested by u).

My daemon code to hold the print job is holding the print job on Leopard but not on Snow leopard.

Regards
Akbar