cupsSetPasswordCB is not calling cups_passwd_cb

akbar akbarbasha at tataelxsi.co.in
Wed Feb 24 07:25:32 PST 2010

static void

while releasing the job i am calling cupsSetPasswordCB sa show below , cupsSetPasswordCB is not calling cups_passwd_cb as my nslog on cups_passwd_cb is not displaying in the console.

what might be the problem.please give me some suggestions.

static const char *                            /* O - Password or NULL */
cups_passwd_cb(const char *prompt);      /* I - Prompt */

release_Job(http_t     *http,	/* I - HTTP connection to server */
			const char *dest,int jobId)	/* I - Destination */
{

	cupsSetPasswordCB(cups_passwd_cb);

	request = ippNew();

	/* Set up the request */
	request->request.op.operation_id =  IPP_RELEASE_JOB;
	request->request.op.request_id = 1;
	language = cupsLangDefault();

//	ippAddString(request, IPP_TAG_PRINTER, IPP_TAG_KEYWORD,
//				 "auth-info-required", NULL," none");

	ippAddString(request, IPP_TAG_OPERATION, IPP_TAG_CHARSET,
				 "attributes-charset", NULL, cupsLangEncoding(language));

	ippAddString(request, IPP_TAG_OPERATION, IPP_TAG_LANGUAGE,
				 "attributes-natural-language", NULL, language->language);

static const char *                            /* O - Password or NULL */
cups_passwd_cb(const char *prompt)      /* I - Prompt */
{

	NSLog(@"inside cups_passwd_cb");
	/*
	 * Always return NULL to indicate that no password is available...
	 */
	//char password[23]= "root123";

	(void)prompt;

	return (NULL);