[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #3511: Garbage and blank pages, oh my!

Matthew pyther24 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 08:26:34 PST 2010

With cups 1.4.2 I can print 2 to 3 good pages. The next print will result
in a line or two of non-standard characters. In this particular instance
it is a O with a horizontal : above the O followed by a superscripted 2.
These to characters repeat for one line. Following this page the printer
will spit out blank pages. Once I hit the cancel button, it will end up
printing the second page (2/2) and finish.

I have tried using Raw Queue, Foomatic, Splix, pxmono, and the official
samsung drivers all with the same result.

Current Working Setup:

ML-2250 attached to Server

Server - cups 1.3.11 (raw queue)
Clients
-XP w/ official samsung xp driver
-Linux - cups 1.4.2 - Foomatic and splix drivers

This behavior does NOT happen with cups 1.3.11.

Please let me know what additional information I can provide.