[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3511: Garbage and blank pages, oh my!

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu Feb 25 10:04:57 PST 2010

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

Given that we have no control over the libusb code or kernel driver, that
we don't have this printer, and that we don't support said printer via any
of the built-in CUPS drivers, it is unlikely that we'll be able to resolve
this issue.

You can configure CUPS 1.4.x to use the old kernel USB printer driver
(--disable-libusb), and perhaps the ArchLinux folks will be able to offer
some assistance.

It is also possible that any fixes we come up with for other USB printers
with libusb issues may fix your problem (STR #3477 and STR #3405 are two
that are tracking specific issues), however I can't make any guarantees...

Fix Version: Third-party