[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2082: lpoptions(1) `-a' (all printers) option

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Sat Jan 2 09:03:07 PST 2010

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

That still doesn't address how you'd distinguish between "all" and
"printer-specific" settings in the API - right now everything is in a
single options array for each queue, so there is a) no way to mark the
scope of an option and b) no way to separate which options should be put
in the "all" bin. Unless we break binary compatibility (not going to
happen for this), we'd have to pull all of the options with the same
values into the "all" bin, which is probably not what the user wants...

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2082
Version: 1.5-feature
Fix Version: Will Not Fix