No printer found

Sebastian bastl73 at freenet.de
Fri Jan 8 09:08:20 PST 2010

> This particular printer requires HP's backend and driver to work...

What does mean backend and driver? Are the printing languages PS, PCL5 or PCL6 not supported by cups-1.4 ?
Or do I need a special devise file to talk to an USB-Printer in cups-1.4 ?

> and that is a PDF font support/font embedding issue, which would point =
> to an issue with poppler or Ghostscript.

O.K poppler could it be, because I did update all but poppler also I installed new fonts but that error still appeared.