No printer found

Sebastian bastl73 at freenet.de
Fri Jan 8 10:17:52 PST 2010

> The base CUPS software only provides "generic" drivers for HP's PCL =
> 3/4/5 and PostScript products and "generic" backends (programs that talk =
> to printers) for standard USB and network protocols. Many printers =
> require special software to work, in addition to CUPS.

What can I do now, that cups can find the printer, recognize it?
There must be changed something in cups from version 1.3 to 1.4 that a usb
printer can't be found / talked to any more.
I did update to the newest libusb-1.0.6 but no change.

> If the PDF does not embed the font/characters being used, then the =
> default is to draw a block in place of the missing characters.  You =
> should see the same behavior when viewing or printing.

No, the PDF file is shown without such blocks only at printing there are that blocks. Sometimes a "g" is printed as such a dark block and then some words later a "d". I dosen't have seen such before, and in other words the "g" is then right printed as a "g" - very strange.
Maybe intel has figured out a in PDF-document copy protection ?!