[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3488: BrowsePoll does not work with a client.conf setting ServerName

David Mohr bugs at da.mcbf.net
Sat Jan 30 12:55:47 PST 2010

I have the following setup:
c1,c2,c3 -> A -> B
A and B are running cups servers (v1.4.2 and 1.2.7).

A has set 'BrowsePoll B' in its configuration.
The clients c1,c2 and c3 have a client.conf with 'ServerName A', and do
not run cupsd.

On A I can see all of B's printers, but on the clients, I can only see A's
local printers, not the ones polled from B.

I tried setting 'BrowseRelay 127.0.0.1 @LOCAL', as the documentation
describes, but that caused an error as @LOCAL is not recognized correctly
(a bug in cups or the documentation).
The working 'BrowseRelay 127.0.0.1 <Broadcast-Address>' did not change
what printers the clients are seeing.

I could not find any other settings in cupsd.conf that seemed to apply, so
I assume this is a bug.

Please contact me if you need more information.