[cups.bugs] CUPS web interface

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu Jul 15 09:31:02 PDT 2010

On Jul 15, 2010, at 3:42 AM, chris wrote:
> We are running CUPS on a 10.6.4 Snow Leopard Server. It did work in 10.5.8, but it was a different version of CUPS then. The clients are running 10.6.4 desktop. I have a generic print driver on the server, and the true driver on the client. (This was the work around in 10.5.8 that helped enforce quotas.) We mostly have Xerox and HP network printers here, about 30 of them and they all give me an issue enforcing quotas on any client, even an older version 10.5.8 for instance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You really need to use the real drivers on the server and then just use the Bonjour Shared queue from the clients - right now all of the processing is happening on the clients and the server never knows to do any accounting.

(and yes, this *is* a change from 10.5.x, which didn't correctly flag that the PostScript was device-ready; that caused a lot of headaches for people...)