[cups.development] [printing-driver] Canon CAPT driver - WORK IN PROGRESS

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 10 10:09:15 PDT 2010

It has been years since I looked at that stuff. There used to be some japanese-only pages for patching ghostscript . google is your friend.

How about these pages?
http://cweb.canon.jp/drv-upd/lasershot/drv_linux.html

--- On Mon, 24/5/
10, Alexey Galakhov <agalakhov at gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you, I've seen most of that stuff already. Can you please tell me any links to LBP* open-source Japanese sites? I have someone who can read Japanese for me.

Existing open-source drivers seem to work for many but not all models. Canon's driver for LBP-2900 and similar models seem to rely on a closed-source kernel. My work is heavily based on open-source drivers I found so far. However, they do "model 0" ("SCoA") printers only, and recent models of Canon are "model 1", or "Hi-SCoA". They use completely different compression. The handshaking seems to bethe same, however.

I decided to use foo2xxx route for first (research) time only as it is easier to use for testing WITHOUT complete printing subsystem. (I just use "foo2capt < test.pnm" for testing now). I'll convert it into something that's more correct immediately after getting it to work.