[cups.development] pdf with transparent image and cups raster filter

bowhe casia bcasia at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 10 18:18:16 PDT 2010

Your PDF might be containing multiple layers of transparency beyond the reach of cups to convert it to raster. The number of layers depend on the application that generates it.

To verify this, try to open your PDF file on a Mac machine and print-save it as PDF. After that, you print the generated PDF using your raster driver. Mac normally flattens the PDF transparency layers to a level that can be reached by cups.