PJL for PCL printer

Matthew O'Donnell matthew.odonnell at okiuk.co.uk
Wed Mar 3 08:45:55 PST 2010

Is it possible to include PJL commands in the output for a PCL printer using CUPS?

I am attempting to produce a PPD file for use with CUPS for a PCL printer. Some settings of the printer are device dependant and the easiest way to set them is using PJL. I realise that (most) Linux apps ouput using PS, which is then converted to CUPS raster, and then to PCL through CUPS filters. Unfortunately the output of the PPD when printing to file does not include any PJL.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Matthew

*JCLBegin: "<1B>%-12345X"
*%
*% Resolution select settings
*% ============================================================
*OpenGroup: PJLResolution/ Resolution
*JCLOpenUI *JCLResolution/Resolution: PickOne
*OrderDependency: 20 JCLSetup *JCLResolution
*DefaultJCLResolution: 600x1200dpi
*JCLResolution 600x2400dpi/ProQ1200: "@PJL SET OKIRESOLUTION=X600Y2400<0D><0A>"
*JCLResolution 600x1200dpi/High Quality (1200): "@PJL SET OKIRESOLUTION=X600Y1200<0D><0A>"
*JCLResolution 600dpi/Normal (600): "@PJL SET OKIRESOLUTION=600<0D><0A>"
*JCLResolution 300dpi/Draft (300): "@PJL SET OKIRESOLUTION=300<0D><0A>"
*JCLCloseUI: *JCLResolution
*CloseGroup: PJLResoluion
*JCLToPSInterpreter: "@PJL ENTER LANGUAGE=POSTSCRIPT<0D><0A>"
*JCLEnd: "<1B>%-12345X<1B>%-12345X at PJL EOJ<0D><0A>"