Sending Print Packets (for lack of a better word) to CUPS

andrew tflife at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 3 13:36:05 PST 2010

Hi (anybody who can weigh in),

If I were to build an external application to talk to CUPS (ie. CUPS on one server, app on another), is there a specific way in which to communicate to it?  Can I simply forward messages to port <cups port> and have it print away?  Or is there a very specific set of parameters/values I need to send once I'm able to open up a socket connecting to the CUPS server on the application side?

If this is confusing please let me know.

Thanks,

Clyde