[cups.development] Changes of page sizes within a document

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Mar 16 12:38:58 PDT 2010

On Mar 16, 2010, at 10:08 AM, R. Scott wrote:
> How are page size changes within a document comunicated to the filters?
> For example if page 1 is letter, and page 7 is legal? Same question for orentation?

For raster filters, use the page size from the page header structure.  The orientation will always be corrected (rotated) to match the dimensions of the page size.

For PDF or PostScript filters, you have to look at the PDF or PostScript data you get in your filter.

> I note argv[5] (options), but I don't see how page by page settings are comunicated here.
> Is there some documentation on argv[5]?

"man filter"

http://localhost:631/help/api-filter.html