[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #3725: printing starts only when a webrowser starts to browse the net

aka a-k-a at freemail.hu
Thu Nov 18 12:35:20 PST 2010

Hello!
Sorry, for not being so informative about this issue, but this bug rarely
got it's head up. But, it did happened before half an hour, and my
acquaintance got a bit mad about it. He said, that the printing has been
OK, till today: he sent out the printing, the program said it was printed
out, but actually nothing happened. The printer was idle. He called me by
phone, and I instructed him, to start a Firefox to check the CUPS page
(http://localhost:631/). But when the browser appeared and loaded the
default startpage (google), the printer started to vomit out all the pages
he clicked to print out.
And I remembered, I have red familiar issues: the CUPS hangs up, and
nobody knows why.
Maybe these types of issues could be linked with together?
Why did the CUPS wait for an active internet traffic?
(the firewall not blocks it)
If I manage to get in front of that PC, maybe I could gather some
logfiles. Oh, and by the way: which kind of log files should I look for?
Thanks in advance.
Best regards: aka

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3725
Version: 1.4-current