[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3687: Rewrites /etc/cups/printers.conf every night

era cups.org at eeera.imap.cc
Mon Oct 11 07:51:25 PDT 2010

I am forwarding Ubuntu bug #627287
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cups/+bug/627287

This occurs under cups 1.4.3-1 as installed with Ubuntu 10.04 (regular
Gnome version).

I have configured Cups to use Kerberos authentication, but the UI still
prompts for my user name and password every time I try to print.  In order
to work around this, I commented out AuthInfoRequired in
/etc/cups/printers.conf but this change will not stick: when CUPS is
restarted (which happens at least every night by a log rotation script)
the AuthInfoRequired directive is added back.