[cups.bugs] [cups-1.4.4] How to unsort job options?

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Oct 20 13:59:09 PDT 2010

On Oct 20, 2010, at 11:08 AM, Jeff Chua wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 8:56 PM, Michael Sweet <msweet at apple.com> wrote:
>> On Oct 20, 2010, at 8:41 AM, Jeff Chua wrote:
>> Would it be possible to specify an option to get back the results as in
>> 1.3.x?
>>
>> No.
>
> Would you consider a patch for the case where user _quote_ the options
> so that cupsParseOptions() would not separate out the options as in
> the case below ...

No, because options are name=value; "name" by itself implies "name=true" and "noname" by itself implies "name=false".  Option names cannot have spaces in them, and you cannot guarantee the order of options that are passed to a filter.

What you might look at is passing them as a value of an option, e.g.:

    date | lpr -Pprinter1 -o 'myoption="not to be sorted"'