CUPS not detect the USB printer connected

Senthil Murugan senthil_pushpavanalingam at mindtree.com
Wed Sep 1 06:06:56 PDT 2010

Hi Team,

I'm working on the embedded system with OpenWrt plus CUPS 1.3.10. lpinfo -v not listing my usb printer connected. I could see the device connected in /proc/bus/usb/devices & /usr/share/cups/backend/usb also shows the printer connected. But my lpinfo -v command shows always 5 other devices (http, ipp, socket, lpd & scsi).

went through some extend of debug by enabling DEBUG option in code (debug.h). when i enable DEBUG option lpinfo -v hangs.

Looking experts input to resolve my problem.

Thanks,
Senthil