[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3659: configure fails silently

Marcin Wisnicki mwisnicki at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 13:46:59 PDT 2010

Some configuration failures result in warnings that are easy to miss.
For example, since r9162 compiling cups with --disable-openssl
--enable-gnutls (default for FreeBSD port) will silently disable gnutls
after printing a warning. This resulted in missing SSL support and I've
wasted a lot of time finding the source of this problem.

I am requesting reverting that change and making a policy to always fail
if something is wrong. Trying to be smart and guess for the user is just
to error prone.