[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3676: Character swapping when printing to Brother MFC-7820 using ipp queue

Jon Peatfield jp107 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Sep 14 07:58:40 PDT 2010

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

Does configuring the cups queue to connect to the 9100 port on the printer
show the same effect? ie using URIs like socket://hostname:9100 rather
than ipp or lpd?

Glancing at the PPD you mention there doesn't seem to be anything odd in
it, so I might suspect that the ipp implementation in the printer is the
cause...

Personally we always talk to our (mostly HP) printers using
socket://...:9100 since otherwise the standard cups filtering won't happen
(well there are mechanisms but they seem to rely on magic in the PPDs).

Fix Version: Third-party