[cups.development] [RFE] STR #3674: CUPS should be able to print scalable vector graphics image (SVG) files

H. Blischke HelgeBlischke at web.de
Fri Sep 24 04:46:05 PDT 2010

>From my experience (I built CUPS filters entirely as Perl scripts since
more than 7 years already) the "scripting penalty" is neglectable (even on
boxes that are relatively slow - about 500 Mhz - from today's point of
view.

On the other hand, the benefits of scripting are ease of installation (you
do not need the CUPS source tree for compiling a single filter) and
maintenance and system independence.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3674
Version:  -feature