[cups.development] [RFE] STR #3913: [L3912] How to workaround?

Uqbar regmeplease at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 06:47:33 PDT 2011

I whish I could "POST ANY RESPONSES TO THE LINK BELOW."
http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3912
but that was not possible as the report has been closed.

I understand that remote printing (using CUPS from a remote CUPS) is not
possible by design, even if I don't understand the "security point".

CUPS is *the leader* solution to Unix-like printing and by searching the
various forums I can see this problem is widespread.
Simply ignoring it seems to be a mistake, at least to me.

How to do it, then? What'd be then the suggested solution/workaround?

My current approach is to transfer files by SCP from one machine to
another one and the schedule a script to locally submit the printing jobs
to CUPS. This is not "network printing".

Finally, I apologyze for posting this here, but your so called forums are
rejecting it because it's considered SPAM by some obscure check.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3913
Version:  -feature