[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #3990: Wrong page order when printing front-rear

Caterpillar caterpillar86 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 07:11:59 PST 2011

Printer: HP Officejet Pro K8600
HPLIP version: 3.11.10
Device Manager version: 15
CUPS version: 1.5.0
OS: Fedora 16

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
I am having a problem when printing documents. Usually I print front-rear
pages, but sometimes the printer missprints the correct page order.

Here my procedure to print front-rear: first I select odd pages only with
reverse pages and then even pages only

For example: a document of 49 pages:

Legend:

a|b      a = front b = rear

1|2
3|4
5|6
7|8
9|10
11|12

ecc.ecc.

41|42
43|empty page!
45|empty page
47|empty page
49|44
empty page|46
empty page|48

Other example just had yesterday
1|2
ecc.ecc.
33|34
35| blank page
37|36 (wrong order!)
39|38
blank page|40
blank page|42
41|44
43|46
45|48
47|50
49|52
51|54
53|56
ecc. ecc. and it continues until the end of the document.

This is so annoying, months ago I wasted an entire cartridge printing a
book with hundred of pages and a lot of colors and I got the book
unreadable because of those wrong pages.

I remember that I was having this problem also with a HP Deskjet 850C, so
it is not a new problem, it is an old one.