[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #3993: device_uri for Thinprint printers are truncated after #-symbol

mostro integrale_16v at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 11 09:38:06 PST 2011

On a linux server we have create lpd print queues for Thinprint printers
with device_uri like this:
lpd://tfcx-prt/BE-WHS-01#tcx-belgium-hp1.be.tmk.com:30

But after some time or after restarting cups the device uri is truncated
just before the #-symbol. After that printing doesn't work anymore. I see
the following error in error_log:
PID 13746 (/usr/lib/cups/backend/lpd) stopped with status 1!