[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3979: Canon SELPHY CP600 Support

GernotHassenpflug ha4h-grnt at asahi-net.or.jp
Wed Dec 14 19:45:31 PST 2011

Michael Sweet wrote:

> DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.  INSTEAD, POST ANY RESPONSES TO THE LINK BELOW.
>
> [STR Closed w/o Resolution]
>
> This particular printer needs a special backend as it does not actually
> implement the USB printer class...  On Mac OS X they provide a "class
> driver" (plugin) to support printing...
>
> Sorry...

I'm going to try and submit a backend for this "soon". I've only read
about how to write simple backends for CUPS, which arguments are
necessary and so forth.

Therefore, I asked the gentleman who wrote a small standa-alone backend
to support the SELPHY series printers (as far as the call-back codes are
known, some models could not be found yet) for his support and will try
to port that code to a CUPS standard.

I am guessing I should post the code as an attachment in the
cups.development group.

Regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug