[cups.development] Server Name Indication(SNI)support in cups

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu Dec 15 21:35:41 PST 2011

On Dec 15, 2011, at 8:12 PM, ajaydharan wrote:
> OpenSSL supports SNI concept in version 0.9.8f which was released on 2007. Openssl supports setting of servername extension in TLS. To point exactly in Openssl API, tls.h file supports setting of tlsext_hostname(which is nothing but the servername extension).  Using cups1.5 (Mac OS X), the sni data is set by default as "localhost" where i couldn't set the servername.

I don't see a function for this in the OpenSSL headers, but if you know the function to call you can add it in cups/http.c's http_setup_ssl() function.  http->hostname contains the hostname we're using for the connection.

Once you have a patch, submit a bug on cups.org:

	http://www.cups.org/str.php

Thanks!