[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #3791: IPP/HTTP stack issues with Expect: header and non-conforming printers

Duncan McEwan duncan at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Thu Feb 10 15:52:55 PST 2011

[STR Closed w/Resolution]

> Whoops, that broke things for conforming implementations...
> Hang on...

Ok.  But I can confirm that this patch worked with a Fuji/Xerox printer
that doesn't respond with 100-continue and also with an HP laserjet 4515
that does.  But that was just one attempt to print to each printer so it
wasn't exactly extensive testing...

Also, if you could briefly explain why the Fuji/Xerox implementation is
non-conforming I'd appreciate it.  We could then contact the vendor about
it.  Even if they don't do anything about it, at least they'd know that
some of their customers care about such things!

Duncan

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3791
Version: 1.4-current
Fix Version: 1.5-current (r9518)