[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #3791: IPP/HTTP stack issues with Expect: header and non-conforming printers

Duncan McEwan duncan at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Thu Feb 10 17:37:41 PST 2011

[STR Closed w/Resolution]

> HTTP implementations are a) supposed to respect the Expect: header
> and b) are only allowed to return the expect status (100) or one of
> the various redirection (3xx) or error (4xx) status codes in response
> to that Expect: header

OK.  There is a paragraph in section 8.2.3 of rfc2616 that says:

   "An origin server MAY omit a 100 (Continue) response if it has
   already received some or all of the request body for the
   corresponding request."

I thought that seemed to allow the Fuji-Xerox behaviour.  But I haven't
read the entire RFC, nor any of the IPP RFC's, so I guess the above is not
the full story.

> I've already contacted Fuji-Xerox about this issue and are working
> with them on a fix for this and some IPP conformance issues.

OK.  Thanks for handling this, and also for being willing to modify CUPS
to deal with these printers while we are waiting for them to provide a
fix.

Duncan

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3791
Version: 1.4-current