error loading libcups.so.2

bui bqbao at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 1 22:24:48 PST 2011

I am using the mini2440 ARM9 board to print something to a HP printer.
I successfully compiled the linux kernel version 2.6.32 and cups 1.3.2 using buildroot. However, when I run cups command such as lpinfo, lpd, etc, I end up with this error message: error loading library libcups.so.2.

I browsed the file system and could not find libcups.so.2 in the /usr/lib folder, but I found it in the /usr/lib64 folder instead. My mini2440 ARM9 board is 32 bits, and I wonder why CUPS put the library in the /usr/lib64 folder. Is this a wrong installation?

How can I cross compile and run CUPS on my mini2440 ARM9 board? My host is 64 bits ubuntu.

Thank you very much