I cannot build cups from 1.5svn (r9412)

Hiroshi TAKENAKA hiro-takenaka_50 at gem.hi-ho.ne.jp
Mon Jan 3 04:59:04 PST 2011

Dear Michael-san,

> Currently the ippserver test program needs the mDNSResponder package =
> installed. I am preparing a fix today that will allow it to be compiled =
> without it...
>
> In the meantime you can remove the "test" directory from the top level =
> Makefile.

Thank you for your kind rapid reply. According to your advice, I could
have built CUPS-1.5svn. However, the CUPS-1.5svn on my Linux system cannot
recognize the printer on my wireless LAN. Although My printer (Canon
MG6100 series) on the LAN is detected by Avahi-discovery as a Bonjour print
service, CUPS-1.5svn is unable to detect the Bonjour print service as unable
as CUPS-1.4.5 when I click the "Search new printer" button.
My biggest expectation for CUPS-1.5svn is to detect the Bonjour print service,
which CUPS-1.4.5 cannot detect. However, it seems that I have encoutered
other problems to make CUPS detect the Bonjour service on my wireless LAN.
If you have any solution for the problems, please advise me.
Best regards,
Hiroshi TAKENAKA