[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #3765: Need to reset LC_MESSAGES in test suite

martin.pitt.canonical martin.pitt at canonical.com
Tue Jan 4 01:52:22 PST 2011

When running "make check", I get an eternal hang on "Waiting for scheduler
to become ready...". This is because lpstat writes "Scheduler ist aktiv\n"
for me (as I have LC_MESSAGES=de_DE.utf8), but run-stp-tests.sh only sets
$LANG to C.

If the test suite also depends on date formats etc, then I suggest to set
both:

LANG=C
LC_MESSAGES=C
export LANG LC_MESSAGES

If it only tests against messages, then only setting LC_MESSAGES=C should
suffice.

Thanks for considering, and happy new year!